Expect Great Things
As of July 1st, I have officially begun my biennium as our chapter president. I welcome any advice as I begin my two years as your president. Also, please let me know if you have something you want announced in my newsletters. Here’s what we have going on for July and August.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- The Membership Committee is meeting July 23rd at 11am at Sue Werner’s house to assemble our chapter year books and photo albums.
- Book Club is meeting Thursday July 26th at 6pm at Riccardo’s Restaurant. The book we are discussing is Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance. Contact Glenda Klein if you plan to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Board Meeting is Tuesday July 31st at 11am at Itasca Country Club. We will share committee reports and plan for the 2018-19 year.
- The Educational Excellence and Special Projects Committees have invited previous grant recipients, mentors and other interested members from their committees to a pot luck dinner hosted at Peggy Gire’s on August 6th at 6pm. This is a wonderful way for our chapter to stay connected with our girls in college and letting them know we are here to support them. If you want more information about this dinner contact Denise Pawelczyk.
- The Golf Group is out on the links enjoying their Thursdays playing golf. They continue to play at various area golf courses. If you want to start swinging your golf clubs and enjoy a relaxing day playing golf with other chapter members contact Stephanie Grande.
*The Care Team has been hard at work this summer looking out for the care of our members in need. If you want to join the Care Team or know of a member who could use their assistance, please contact Glenda Klein-Mali
Care Team News:
– Joyce Dunne is doing well recovering from her surgery last Monday. She will likely be moving to a Lutheran Hospital rehab facility soon.
-We extend our heartfelt condolences to Carol Escortia whose son, Tom, passed away recently.
*Good News! Our May 2018 Anne Fussell grant recipient, Steffi Delgato has recently been awarded The Golden Apple Scholarship and will be attending NIU in the fall. We are all very proud of her.
*Chapter dues are $84 or $42(for reserve members). You can pay your dues to our treasurer, Linda Stolt, at any time. You can mail your checks to her address: 1912 Quaker Hollow Lane, Streamwood, IL 60107
*PART TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY:
St. Peter Lutheran Church 202 E. Schaumburg Rd, Schaumburg 60194
Childcare: Our Kid Care Program is looking to hire mature individuals who love working with children to work in our after school program. Afternoon hours, assisting children with crafts, snacks, games and activities. Please contact Marnie Pontrelli at email@example.com
UPCOMING MEMBER BIRTHDAYS:
Carol McHale (July 24), Sudha Byanna (July 25), Joyce Dunne (July 29), Kris Beaudette (August 12), Mary Kay Marrello (August 12), Judie King (Aug 17), Kathy Muench (Aug 18), Jo Ann Bechtold (Aug 19), Glenda Klein-Mali (Aug 19), Jane Born (Aug 21), Madelynn Brossard (Aug 22), Dayna Prochaska (Aug 26), Linda Szymkowiak (Aug 27), Gerie Kay (Aug 28)
WEB SITES TO REMEMBER:
(Hold down control key and click to activate link)
- Some areas of our web site are password protected. The passwords were announced at our Sept. meeting.
- To enter the International web for the first time, Sign in with your Member ID (See membership card). The initial password is dkg2014society. You will be asked to establish a personal password. Some areas are password protected.
- Passwords were announced at the September meeting last fall, and any new passwords will be announced again in September. They can also be found on the label of your new directory, which we’ll get at our September meeting.
Thanks to Kathy Muench who continues as our very talented web master.
Enjoy the rest of your summer! Stay cool and relax!