2018-2019 GAMMA GAMMA SERVICE PROJECTS
September: New Frisbees and “High Fives” – donations for ‘Girls in the Game’ in increments of $5 and school supplies for SD54 students
October: Items for CASA, Kane County’s “Luggage of Love” campaign. This program gives children being placed in foster homes a suitcase filled with incidentals, offering an added sense of dignity to the child. The following items are needed:
- AGE 0-6: Diapers/pull ups, tear-free body wash/shampoo, pajamas, blanket, Teddy bear (boy), doll (girl)
- AGE 7-13: Body wash, shampoo, pajamas, blanket, book, learning activity
- AGE 14-21: Body wash, shampoo, deodorant, gift card (Visa/MC, Target, grocery)
December: Fundraising for recruitment grants – Those unable to attend and participate in the auction can contribute by mailing a check to Linda Stolt, Treasurer (1912 Quaker Hollow, Streamwood, IL) made out to DELTA KAPPA GAMMA with ‘AUCTION’ on memo line.
January: Donations to FMSC (Feed My Starving Children)
February: Retired cellphones for ‘Cell Phones for Soldiers’ – NOTE: Remember to remove your SIM card. Search the internet for ‘Factory Reset’ and include the phone’s specific make and model number to find instructions for deleting personal information. FYI: Assurances have been made that all phone data will be wiped away upon receipt of phones. Checks made out to ‘CELL PHONES FOR SOLDIERS’ will also be appreciated.
March: New/unopened packages of youth sized underwear for Schaumburg Community Closet and “SIMEK’S” food products for personal consumption (found in the frozen food section of grocery stores) – This company has partnered with ‘Feeding America’ to help provide food to local communities through their ‘One Gives One’ program.
May: Donations to KENNETH YOUNG CENTER collected at the May dinner or mailed to Sudha Byanna (59 Germaine Pl., Schaumburg, IL)
- Gently used children’s books for Bernie’s Book Bank
- PROFESSIONAL clothing (women’s pants, skirts and dress suits, interview appropriate blouses, blazers, skirts, and handbags – also briefcases, portfolios and work-appropriate handbags) for the ‘Dress for Success’ program – Monetary contributions to ‘DRESS FOR SUCCESS WORLD-WIDE, CENTRAL’ welcomed
- School supplies for SD54 students